Designing and building a new home, renovating an existing one, or creating a commercial building project comes with a series of moving parts. One key part is architectural drafting.
At the beginning of the project, think about the drawings that comprise the design and plans for the finished project. Architectural drafting is the process that turns your idea into plans and instructions from which the project is built. Architectural drafters, working with architects and engineers, translate ideas into the technical drawings, detailed plans, and even models for construction of residential and commercial buildings.
The completed technical drawings (also called blueprints) are used to show the project to clients as well as guide the general contractors and subcontractors. They show specifications for many key features that ultimately go into the completed building, such as the electric, heating and cooling, ventilation and plumbing. They include important details such as:
• Location of the finished structure on the property
• Style of the finished building
• Required building materials to complete the project
The drawings include different sets of plans:
• Site plans, which delineate property lines, show the condition of the land, and local height restrictions.
• Foundation plans, which show the location of the foundation, measurements, required materials, as well as walls, supporting beams, and other parts of the project that involve the foundation
• Floor plans, which show the locations and layouts of rooms, along with doors, windows, closets, and other parts of the finished project
• Electrical/wiring plans, including details of the electrical wiring system and the plumbing system, including where and how they should be installed.
All these, as well as changes and updates, are part of the architectural drafting involved in a building project.
Pro Draft, Inc. is a great resource in Maui County. We offer architectural drafting as one of our services. We work with architects and engineers as well as clients, contractors, and designers. We gather the ideas to draft the drawings. Sometimes, we’re even called upon by architectural firms on the Mainland for assistance.
We also offer project management as part of our services to ensure that a building project stays on track. We work in tandem with your architect, builder, and others to ensure that the project goes smoothly and as easily as possible.
Another appreciated service we offer is permits expediting. Building in Maui involves multiple permits from the county and/or the state, adding to the building process. Delays in getting permits can add to the time it takes to begin and complete a project.
Because Pro Draft has been assisting all types of clients for so many years, we understand how Maui County government works. We can offer you help with permits, or take care of the permits for you. Often clients have found it worth their time.
Let Pro Draft Take Care Of All Your Architectural Drafting Needs
If you’re interested in building or renovating a family home or a commercial property, Pro Draft is ready to help with architectural drafting, drawings, blueprints, and permits, and to answer all of your questions before the first day of construction. We’re happy to help and will work to ensure your project is exactly the way you envision.
We are also ready to work with contractors on nearly any type of building project. From CAD drawings to permits and rendering, we look forward to helping make your next project successful.